Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Summertime


E loves helping Daddy get ready to grill




 hanging with the neighbors...literally 

We went to see our first movie at our super cool theater. Can you believe these seats?! They fully recline with foot rest and you pick out and reserve your seat online ahead of time all for the price of a regular theater. Genius. We loved watching "Inside Out" on our rainy day off from the pool. Don't worry...E very quickly got over the loudness. :)

Summer in our new home in MI has been pretty great. Things were a little stressful for me when Dave unexpectedly left for 2 weeks right after we opened the pool. The cleaning and balancing of chemicals was not supposed to be "my thing" but I soon had to learn it and clean....clean....clean (the trees were very messy). In that two weeks the pool heater and vacuum broke and I was sure the water would turn green on me. Thankfully it didn't and repairs were made after D returned home. It's been smooth sailing as far as the pool since then and the boys have been LOVING IT! We are also officially the neighbors that everyone loves...:)... and have enjoyed getting to know them better as they swim with us.

D made a statement the other night as he watched everyone swimming and having a good time in the pool. You will totally get if you like the movie "Christmas Vacation". He said, "I"m living Clark Griswold's dream right now". It certainly wasn't our "dream" to own a pool, in fact, if I had the choice I would choose the jelly of the month membership. BUT God has blessed us with this home, pool and all, and so I'm doing my best to just be thankful for the fun memories we are making and not get to caught up in the inconvenience of the maintenance of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment