Tuesday, November 11, 2014

bye bye binkie


Our little E is growing up so fast. I hate to admit it, but he had been using a pacifier at nap and bed time up until a few weeks ago. I was hesitant to take it away for selfish reasons,I figured he would stop napping when it was no longer available. The time is drawing near, however, when the nap will soon need to be dropped and potty training will begin. Just another big chapter ahead and losing the binkie is piece of that. So I began talking about it with E and pointing out little babies using pacifiers. Then one day he shocked me and randomly told me he was ready to throw out his binkie. I told him to go get it and he did and tossed it right in the trash! Well now it was dirty and he fully understood that. All was fine until bed time. It was a rough few days with only minimum napping, if he was in a moving vehicle, and of course tears at bedtime. BIGGEST REGRET OF HIS LITTLE LIFE! He is doing well now and is adjusting to the change. He still, however, asks "binkie in there?" when he sees a garbage truck and "where is the binkie?" most days. 

The day he threw it away we decided we should convert his crib to a big boy bed. Believe it or not, he had still never tried to climb out of his crib so we just left it be. He wasn't as excited about the change as we anticipated, but in light of his binkie withdrawl symptoms I guess we can't expect too much bedtime excitement out of him. :) I found him sleeping in this position the second night in his new bed. Totally remember when C used to fall asleep this way. Totally adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment